Thursday, November 15, 2007

Remembering "Shavehead" aka Tim











Today marks a year since Tim's passing. For the last few months I've wondered what today would be like. Would I be sad all day? Would I feel at peace? Now that the day has come, it's hard to describe how I feel. There is a sense of peace, but there's also an emptiness, knowing that I can't see my "Shavehead" anymore ... at least not for now. I guess that's where the comfort of knowing that life doesn't end with death comes in. We love you, Tim!

For the last year, I've been building a "Tim" playlist on my iPod. I've put songs on there that remind me of him. Here's the list I have so far. If you think of others, feel free to tell me in the comments.
  • Annie Lennox - Into the West (from the Lord of the Rings)
  • Blackalicious - Make You Feel That Way
  • Brad Paisley - When I Get Where I'm Going
  • Bryan Ferry - Dance With Life (Brilliant Light)
  • Coldplay - Fix You
  • Collective Soul - Reunion
  • DoubleDrive - Imprint
  • Eric Clapton - Back Home
  • Fiji - Warrior of Love
  • Five for Fighting - Superman
  • Foo Fighters - Times Like These (Accoustic version)
  • Gary Allen - Life Ain't Always Beautiful
  • George Strait - You'll Be There
  • Ho'okena - The Prayer
  • Incubus - I Wish You Were Here
  • James Taylor - Fire and Rain
  • Jimmy Buffett - Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
  • John Lennon - Jealous Guy
  • Kenny Chesney - Who You'd Be Today
  • Linkin Park - Leave Out All The Rest
  • Lostprophets - Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)
  • The Mormon Tabernacle Choir - Homeward Bound
  • Na Leo Pilimehana - Flying With Angels
  • Paul Cardall - I Love To See The Temple
  • Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 1 - 7)
  • Pink Floy - Wish You Were Here
  • Rascal Flatts - My Wish
  • Robbie Robertson - Shine Your Light (From Ladder 49)
  • Roger Waters - Hello (I Love You) (From The Last Mimzy)
  • U2 - Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
  • Waddie Mitchell - Through the Pain





No comments: